The Lilydale High School Chromebook program is separated into two phases:
- Phase 1 Year 7 to 9 Chromebook Program
- Phase 2 Year 10 to 12 Chrome/Notebook Program
Purchasing a new device in Year 7 and then again in Year 10 ensures students have a reliable and up-to-date device to support their learning.
Ordering a Chromebook
Lay-by: A $100 lay-by deposit option is available to reserve a device at the payment method window.
Please Note: Chromebooks purchased outside of the school-approved supplier will not include a Chrome Management license.
- Chromebooks will require a license to be purchased (currently $65) before connecting to the school’s network.
- Chromebooks purchased through the school approved portal include the cost of the Chrome Management license.
The Chromebooks available on the portal are Lilydale High School’s recommended devices.
- Current Lilydale High School students using iPads can continue to do so. When it comes time to replace these devices, students are encouraged to purchase a Chromebook.
- Up to date Windows 10 and Apple notebooks can currently be used in Years 10 to 12.
- iPads and other tablets are no longer recommended devices at Lilydale High School. When it comes time to replace these devices families are encouraged to purchase a Chromebook through the portal on the school’s website.
What is a Chromebook?
- Chromebooks are a cost-effective education focused laptop that runs Chrome OS (operating system) designed to utilise with G-Suite For Education.
- G-Suite For Education is a collection of productivity tools designed to help students and teachers to collaborate and interact seamlessly and securely across devices.
- G-Suite includes Mail, Drive, Classroom, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites, Calendar.
- G-Suite For Education is already extensively used by Lilydale High School students and teachers.
Chromebooks are ideal for use in a school environment because they:
- enhance student communication and collaboration opportunities.
- are reliable, automatically kept up to date, with in built virus protection.
- are designed to be easy to use, have a fast boot time, and quick access to web apps.
- save work automatically to the cloud.
- have a proven long battery life.
- are very durable.
Students are expected to:
- Bring their device to school with the battery fully charged every day.
- Ensure that their device is stored securely in their locker when not being used.
- In class, their device will be used at the discretion of the classroom teacher – students must take their device to every class (unless explicitly told not too), but the class teacher will determine when and how it is used in class.
- If a student leaves the device at home, the student is responsible for completing all work to the best of their abilities as if a device were present.
- Devices must ONLY be used for educational purposes. Devices are NOT to be used at recess or lunchtime unless being used in the Library (for VCE students) for educational purposes.
- Parents, caregivers and students must sign the Acceptable Use Agreement in relation to the use of digital tools and online usage.
Lilydale High School Digital Technology Acceptable Use Agreement