The Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) is a ‘hands-on’ style of learning for students in Years 11 and 12. Lilydale High School offers VCAL to eligible students.
VCAL focuses on
- work-related experience
- literacy and numeracy skills for jobs
- building personal skills that are important for work
After finishing VCAL students can
- transfer to VCE studies
- study at TAFE
- start an apprenticeship or traineeship
- start a job
VCAL subjects and structure
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Industry-specific skills
- Work related skills (to make students employable)
- Personal development skills (like teamwork and self-confidence)
VCAL places at Lilydale High School are subject to a selection process that involves an interview.
Like the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), VCAL is an accredited senior secondary school qualification.