The following VET courses are offered through the Yarra Valley VET Cluster and local Registered Training Organisations. Students attend their VET subjects on a Wednesday to locations in the Yarra Valley and local area. This is the day allocated by all the cluster schools as the VET day. Some classes may run outside normal school hours on a Wednesday; however, some will run during the school day.
- Cert III Acting
- Cert III Agriculture
- Cert III Allied Heath
- Cert II Animal Care
- Cert II Applied Fashion Design
- Cert II Automotive Technology (Mechanical)
- Cert III Beauty Services
- Cert II Building and Construction (Carpentry)
- Cert III Early Childhood Education
- Cert II Electrotechnology
- Cert III Engineering Technology
- Cert II Horticulture
- Cert III Hospitality (Kitchen Operations)
- Cert III Music Performance
- Cert II Plumbing
- Cert III Screen and Media
- Cert III Sport and Recreation
Schools in the cluster
- Mt Lilydale Mercy College
- Lilydale Heights College
- Lilydale High School
- Billanook College
- Mooroolbark Heights College
- Yarra Hills Senior Secondary College
- Mt Evelyn Christian School
- Upper Yarra Secondary College
- Healesville High School
Benefits for students
- Completion of two qualifications at the end of the VCE (i.e. VCE and a TAFE Certificate)
- Students will accelerate through post-secondary school programs
- Students will gain industry experience as part of on the job training
Students will attend the home school for their VCE program but may attend any of the above schools for the VET courses except, Acting and Animal Studies which will be conducted at Lilydale High School.
Students must include the VET course of their choice in their course selections.
- Students must attend a course enrolment session to complete necessary enrolment forms and attain a USI (unique student identifier).
- If a place is offered to the students they will receive an enrolment package in October
- The provider will send out a letter to students re: enrolment/orientation which occurs the first Wednesday of December
- Fees for VET courses will not be confirmed until later in the year
- Students may need to pay for additional materials once in the course (Eg. White card)
- As VET is offered through the YVVC costs are kept to the minimum possible amount
For more information about the VET program at Lilydale High School, please contact Tim Kogelman or Kristy Mays on 9735 5644.