The aim of the Excellence in Sport Netball Program is to develop a training program to assist talented Netball players reach their full potential. The program consists of skill development and strength and conditioning training. The program prepares the athletes to enable them to trial and be successful at a variety of Netball Victoria Pathway programs, including Association, Region, Talent Academy and State teams.
To develop talented young netball players through:
- Quality coaching
- Providing a safe and productive learning environment
- Skill development
- Tactical and technical development
- To develop young people who can balance sporting and academic performance
Our program structure is dynamic in nature and consists of a variety of specific Netball related components. These sessions are planned and implemented to ensure our athletes are taught progressively with a significant focus on skill isolation, before introducing these elements in game like scenarios.
Every week our athletes are taken through the following weekly program;
- Skill Development Session
- Attacking and Defensive Structures Session
- Strength and Conditioning Session
- Match Simulation Session
Every year the Netballers participate in a number of competitions across different year levels and age groups. These include:
- The Waverley International Tournament (U15 and Senior divisions)
- Interschool Sport (Year 7, Year 8, Intermediate and Senior divisions)
- Netball Victoria Schools Championship (Junior, Intermediate and Senior divisions)
- Worowa Reconciliation Sports Carnival
The EIS Netball program is run by full time teachers at Lilydale High School who are also qualified Netball Australia coaches. Coaches are qualified at either an Advanced Coach level or Developmental Coach Level.