How to use the Lilydale High School Student Planner
The Lilydale High School Planner is a shared document between the student, parents and teachers.
Year 7 to 12 students:
Using the planner will help you to organise your time and work.
- Always bring your planner to class.
- Make two entries for all homework set – on the date when work is set and again when it is due to be completed. Write in if you have no homework in a subject.
- Record all important dates.
- Record subjects, teachers, rooms on the timetable page.
- At the end of the day, take home your planner and any books needed for homework.
The planner is your regular and direct link with the school.
- Each night, check the planner for homework and/or messages from teachers.
- You may use the planner to send a message to a teacher, who will sign it if required.
- Sometimes you may be required to sign that homework has been completed.
- Make a note of absences on the appropriate dates. Explain absence briefly and sign.
The planner is a means of recording homework and messages to and from parents.
- Ensure that students always have their planners with them in class.
- Insist on students entering homework; at the date set and at the date when work is due. Encourage students to write ‘no homework’ where appropriate.
- The planner can be used to communicate with parents.
- Check the planner regularly to ensure that they are being used correctly.
Included in the School Planner;
- School Map
- Student Engagement Policy
- Anti-Harassment Policy
- School Management
- Lilydale High School Network and Internet Contract
- Notes from Home – slips
New planners are available to be purchased from the School Office for $10.
Parents/Guardians should feel free to contact Year Level Co-ordinators with queries about their student’s planner.