Dear Parents and Carers
On behalf of all at Lilydale High School, I want to say a big thank you to all our students, parents and carers for your continued resilience and support throughout this year. You can be confident that our school will support any student who has fallen behind.
Whether we’re teaching remotely or face-to-face, our focus for Term 4 is on making sure that every student is supported in their wellbeing, learning and transition needs.
The Victorian Government has outlined the staged return to on-site schooling for all students as part of its gradual roadmap towards reopening.
Term 4 on-site schooling arrangements for students
Following advice of the Victorian Chief Health Officer, on Monday 5 October, the Victorian Government released a staged approach for students to return to on-site schooling.
The plan is to get students back in the classroom as soon and as safely as possible without putting at risk all that has been achieved through the period of restrictions to reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
For Lilydale High School, the following arrangements apply:
From 12 October (Week 2, Term 4)
- students in Year 7 will return to on-site schooling. The existing remote learning program will not continue for this year level
- VCE/VCAL and Year 10 students studying a VCE subject will attend on-site schooling
- remote and flexible learning will continue for all students in Year 8 to Year 10
- on-site supervision will remain available for students in Year 8 to Year 10 who are the children of permitted workers and vulnerable students.
From 26 October (Week 3, Term 4)
- students in Year 8 to Year 10 will return to on-site schooling. The existing remote learning program will not continue for these year levels from this date.
Our aim has always been to place the wellbeing of our students first, young people don’t thrive if this is not the number one priority. We can, and will, catch up with any skill development over the course of the next few months and we will guide students through the coming weeks to make a successful transition to the next phase of their education. We are very much looking forward to having them back onsite amongst their friends, classmates and teachers.
As always, as soon as I become aware officially of any new information regarding onsite return dates, I will make sure everyone is promptly informed.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the school with any questions.
Thank you once again