The Lilydale High School Chromebook and Notebook program is separated into two phases:
- Phase 1 Year 7 to 9 Chromebook Program
- Phase 2 Year 10 to 12 Chrome/Notebook Program
Purchasing a new device in Year 7 and then again in Year 10 ensures students have a reliable and up-to-date device to support their learning.
The Chromebooks available on the portal are Lilydale High School’s recommended devices as of 2019 for all year levels.
- Up to date Windows 10 and Apple notebooks can currently be used in Years 10 to 12.
- iPads and other tablets are no longer recommended devices at Lilydale High School.
- Current Lilydale High School students using iPads can continue to do so. When it comes time to replace these devices, students are encouraged to purchase a Chromebook.
Chromebooks have been selected as the best device for Lilydale High School because they:
- are relatively inexpensive.
- save student work automatically to the cloud and can be accessed and worked on from any location with an internet access.
- are designed to support collaboration and communication on learning tasks.
- are reliable, automatically kept up to date, with in built virus protection.
- have a proven long battery life and are durable.
- are highly secure in an educational environment.
- are easily monitored and managed by school IT technicians.
Students are expected to:
- Bring their device to school with the battery fully charged every day.
- Ensure that their device is stored securely in their locker when not being used.
- In class, their device will be used at the discretion of the classroom teacher – students must take their device to every class (unless explicitly told not too), but the class teacher will determine when and how it is used in class.
- If a student leaves the device at home, the student is responsible for completing all work to the best of their abilities as if a device were present.
- Students devices must ONLY be used for educational purposes. Devices are NOT to be used at recess or lunchtime unless being used in the Library or Study Hall (for VCE students) for educational purposes.
- Parents, caregivers and students must sign the Acceptable Use Agreement in relation to the use of digital tools and online usage.
Ordering a Chromebook
All Chromebooks are to be ordered through the school approved supplier portal. This is because when the Chromebook is picked up from the designated location it will come preconfigured to connect to Lilydale High School’s wireless network, printing system and school domain, providing access to specific apps and updates.
Chromebooks can be purchased from JBHifi here
School Code: LILYDALEHS2019
Chromebook Comparison Click Here
Frequently Asked Questions Click Here