Many parents are making enquiries about enrolling their son or daughter for Year 7. It is hoped that the following information will answer many of your questions. If further information is required, please contact Tracey Hope or Jane Hemmings (Transition Coordinators) or Matthew Nicholls (Head of Year 7).
The process for enrolment in a State Secondary School is as follows:
- Parents and Guardians are given an ‘Application for Enrolment’ form by their child’s primary school. Choices for secondary schools can be listed in preference order.
- The local neighbourhood secondary school will be listed on this form. The local neighbourhood secondary school is the one closest to your permanent residence, measured by the shortest road route.
- The preference form is returned to your child’s primary school.
- The primary school then sends these forms to the relevant secondary school.
- The primary school will notify parents or guardians of the secondary school to be attended.
- In most cases the secondary school listed as your first preference will accept enrolment of your child.
Some secondary schools have education department permission to limit enrolments from outside of their neighbourhood zone once an agreed maximum enrolment has been reached. This arrangement is often called a ‘cap’ on enrolment and is usually because the school has no physical capacity to expand. If this is the case your second preference will be activated. You will be informed when this occurs. Lilydale High School does not have a cap on enrolment.
In preparation for your decision, it is suggested that you make time to visit the secondary schools that interest you and attend their ‘Information Night’.
Grade 6 Information Night
For 2019, the Grade 6 Information Night will be held on Tuesday 30 April.
The night includes presentations from the Principal, and Heads of Junior School and information presented about the school. Tours of the school, presentations and displays of all the Key Learning Areas will also be held.
At Lilydale High School tours are conducted during normal school hours starting at 9.00 am, from the School Office. Please contact the school on 9735 5644 to book in for a tour.
Queries regarding tours or transition to Year 7 should be directed to Tracey Hope or Jane Hemmings.