Many parents are making enquiries about enrolling their son or daughter for Year 7. It is hoped that the following information will answer many of your questions. If further information is required, please contact Tracey Hope (Transition Coordinator) or Matthew Nicholls (Head of Year 7).
Year 7 enrolment applications for 2021 have now been extended to Friday 29 May.
The process for enrolment in a State Secondary School is as follows:
- Parents and Guardians are given an ‘Application for Enrolment’ form by their child’s primary school. Choices for secondary schools can be listed in preference order.
- The local neighbourhood secondary school will be listed on this form. The local neighbourhood secondary school is the one closest to your permanent residence, measured by the shortest road route.
- The preference form is returned to your child’s primary school.
- The primary school then sends these forms to the relevant secondary school.
- The primary school will notify parents or guardians of the secondary school to be attended.
- In most cases the secondary school listed as your first preference will accept enrolment of your child.
Some secondary schools have education department permission to limit enrolments from outside of their neighbourhood zone once an agreed maximum enrolment has been reached. This arrangement is often called a ‘cap’ on enrolment and is usually because the school has no physical capacity to expand. If this is the case your second preference will be activated. You will be informed when this occurs. Lilydale High School does not have a cap on enrolment.
In preparation for your decision, it is suggested that you make time to visit the secondary schools that interest you and attend their ‘Information Night’.
2020 Information Evening
Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 restrictions, our Information Evening scheduled for Tuesday 21 April, has been cancelled.
We invite prospective parents to phone the school on 9735 5644 to find out more about what Lilydale High School has to offer your son or daughter.
At Lilydale High School tours are conducted during normal school hours starting at 9.00 am, from the School Office. BOOK A TOUR HERE Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 restrictions we currently have no scheduled tours running.
Virtual School Tour
Please take the VIRTUAL TOUR of our school to see what Lilydale High School has to offer your son or daughter.
Wendy Powson, Principal